- What is eMargin
- Home Page
- General Navigation
- Uploading Texts
- Sharing Texts/Groups
- Virtual Learning Environments
eMargin is a collaborative annotation tool. You can annotate, tag and comment on sections of a text, just like making notes in the margins. You can share and discuss your annotations with others. You can find more information here....
When you are not logged in the home page displays a Sign Up and Login form. If you do not have an account then enter your details on the Sign Up form to create one. If you do have an account then switch to the Login tab and enter either your username or email address along with your password to login.
When you are logged in the home page displays a list of texts available to you. To view a text, and view and add to its annotations, just click on the text in the list. More information about texts is in the Annotating section.
Across the top of each page you will see a list of links to help you navigate around site.
- Home will take you to the home page of the eMargin project.
- Texts will take you to a list of texts you are able to access.
- Groups will take you to a list of the groups you are a member of.
- Blog will take you to the eMargin blog.
- User Guide will take you to this page.
- Profile will take you to your profile page, from which you change your details.
- The large and small A will allow you to change the font size of the text throughout eMargin.
- Logout will log you out of the tool and take you to the home page.
- Login / Sign Up will take you to the login or sign up pages where you can enter your details. This is no different to the forms on the home page.
This page lists the texts that you have access to. By clicking on the icon, title or author for a text it will be opened for you read and annotate. The Info link will take you to a summary page for the text.
You may see a small circle containing a number next to the icon. This indicates how many additions have been made to the text's annotations since you last accessed it.
You can Upload a Text by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.
This page lists the groups of which you are a member. Click on a group to see the texts that the group can access and its other members.
You can Create a Group using the button at the bottom of the page. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.